The Best Gilmore Girls Quotes (& Gifts for Stars Hollow Fans)
When our team decided to launch a collection of Gilmore Girls flower-pressed bookmarks, we started rewatching the series known for small town charm, ultra-fast talking, and the wittiest mother-daughter duo. But the more we watched, we started noticing so many nuggets of life lessons and snappy quotes - we had to share them in a blog!
From quotes about love and life to coffee and snow, we compiled 40+ quotes from this incredible show. And if you're a Gilmore Girls lover or looking for a gift for one, take a peek at our handmade bookmarks inspired by the series. Each bookmark is handmade, crafted with real flowers, and made with a love for Stars Hollow, #TeamJess, and all things GG.
Rory Quotes About Books, Love & Life
1. "Because I love you, you idiot."
2. "Nothing excites me before 11:00.”
3. "My mother never gave me any idea that I couldn't do whatever I wanted to do or be whomever I wanted to be. She filled our house with love and fun and books and music unflagging in her efforts to give me role models from Jane Austen to Eudora Welty to Patti Smith. As she guided me through these incredible eighteen years, I don't know if she ever realized that the person I most wanted to be was her. Thank you Mom, you are my guidepost for everything." (snippet from her graduation speech).
4. "My books look sad. Can books look sad?”
5. "I just take a book with me everywhere. It’s just a habit.”
6. "One of those moments when everything is so perfect and so wonderful that… you almost feel sad because nothing could ever be this good again.”
7. "Who cares if I'm pretty if I fail my finals?"
8. "I kind of view studying as a solitary activity."
9. "Oh, do you see the books? Feel it. Feels good, right? Now smell it. Nothing, nothing smells like that."
10. "Every relationship is just a big honking leap of faith."
Jess Quotes about Life & His Love for Rory
1. “It's getting a little west side story here, Dean, and I gotta warn you, my dancing skills are not up to snuff.”
2. "Think how dull your life would be without me."
3. "You're a book tease.
4. "I'm sorry about that. You want to push me in the lake?"
5. "I just wanted to put some notes in the margins for you."
6. "I don't want to talk to anybody else. I don't like anybody else."
7. "You know we're supposed to be together, I knew it the first time I saw you two years ago and you know it too."
8. "It's a crazy world we live in."
Lorelai Quotes about Snow, Motherhood & Coffee
1. "I smell snow."
2. "And if eating cake is wrong, I don't want to be right."
3. "Oy, with the poodles already!"
4. "Life's short. Talk fast."
5. "I don't like Mondays but unfortunately they come around eventually."
6. "You have so many years of screw-ups ahead of you."
7. "Everything in my life has to do with coffee. I believe in a former life, I was coffee."
8. "Life’s been pretty good to you. It was your turn for a few curveballs."
9. "I'm afraid that once your heart's involved, it all comes out in moron."
10. "I can be flexible, as long as everything is exactly the way I want it."
11. "I'm fine. I'm just being dramatic. It's what I do."
12. "I'm gonna have pancakes with a side of pancakes."
Luke Quotes on Pie + His Love for Lorelai
1. "This thing we're doing here -- me, you -- I just want you to know I'm in. I'm all in."
2. "Violent pencil-tossing usually signals a need for pie."
3. "Don’t add stuff from your to do list to my to do list."
4. "My blood sugar's low. I'll eat an apple and get back to you."
5. "You're just scared. Just like everybody else when they're taking on something big."
6. "I just like to see you happy."
7. "No, we don't do table cloths here."
8. "It's like, it's not even real to me, it's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there and you're in it and I'm sharing it with you. And, uh... I don't know what I was waiting for and I don't know what I was scared of, but I'm not, I'm not scared and I'm not waiting, I'm here."
More Gilmore Girls Quotes
1. "I'm not cut out to deal with people." - Paris
2. "I already wrote his name in my revenge notebook." - Paris
3. "We could go to a bookstore, I'll watch you browse for six or seven hours." - Dean
4. "This adult stuff is hard, isn’t it?" - Lane
5. "It's my responsibility as your best friend to make sure you do exciting things even when don't want to." - Sookie